April 03, 2006

Camping on April 1






Ivory and Nicky and I jumped at the chance to run (drive) up to the Appalachian Trail and spend the night on Saturday. We were thrilled to hike down a couple of miles and find a fantastic campsite - with no one there! And the weather was pleasant and the ground was soft so I decided to just lay down my mat and put my sleeping bag on top and sleep under the stars. It's so early in the year there are almost no leaves on the trees yet. In a month if we go back there will be so many leaves you won't be able to see the sky at all. But the moon was almost new so it was great for star gazing and I saw three shooting stars.

I'm putting up three pictures. The first is of a view off the trail as we hiked down there on Saturday afternoon. The second is of my sleeping bag lying on the ground in the little clearing where I slept. The last is of a bleary-eyed beaver that Ivory was barking furiously about when I woke up on Sunday morning.

No comments: