March 11, 2006

First full day back in Richmond.





March 10, 2006

One of my friends called about an hour after I got home last night and asked if we were going to get together today. So I said what the heck and got up around 7:00 this morning, got dressed and had breakfast then went over and picked him up and took him to the Y for a couple of hours. A good way to start my time back in Richmond. Then I came home and picked up the dogs and headed back down to Pony Pasture for the first time since we’ve been home. The temperature today set a record high for March 10; it went up to 80ยบ. So we stopped at Starbucks on the way down; here’s a picture of my car to compare with the one from January 27 when it was perfect.

So we headed down to the river and had a great hike and Ivory even took a little swim. It was nice to wear shorts again! A woman was walking her dog down there and as usual I got her dog’s name – Spence – and not hers. She said Spence is “part water dog and part dirt dog.” He was taking a quick roll in the mud. She’s the one who took this picture of us. It was a nice change to go from the from the frozen Yukon River to the thoroughly thawed James River.

Then tonight Skye and I went out and had a great dinner at Mama Felicia’s – they were happy to have us back and we were happy to be back. Tomorrow Pat and I go for our first bike ride since coming home! I hope I remember how to ride my bike.

More later,

Jay

No comments: