March 09, 2006

Made it back to Richmond!





March 9, 2006

Finally made it home tonight around 7:15 PM Eastern. Final mileage was 10,322 for the entire trip. Ivory and Nicky and I stopped dinner with Mom and Dad at the Whistle Stop CafĂ© at Exit 200 on I-81 on our way home. And as soon as we walked in the door I lit a fire then the three of us headed for Ukrops to stock up on groceries and dog food. Now it’s time for our first Richmond dog walk then get in bed – it’s back to work at 9:00 tomorrow morning!

Just for a little decoration I’m including a picture of Ivory lying on Bear’s chair at Marni and Jason’s. Acting like he owns the place! And to give equal time, of course a picture of Bear too. And how could I leave out Nicky - kissing Jason while Jason holds Zane.

Anyway, more later. Have a great day,

Jay, Ivory and Nicky

2 comments:

SusanE said...

Glad you made it home. That was quite a trip.

What are you doing for the Quest next year?

One option I'm thinking of is handling for someone in 2008.

Jay McLaughlin said...

Hi Susane,
And thanks for the note. I'll never be the same after that trip. Of course, I would never be the same if I HADN'T taken that trip, but this is different. You understand.

I'm not certain what I'll be doing for the Quest next year, other than watching it on my computer. I would LOVE to handle for Lance Mackey - he seems like an excellent guy. On the Iditarod site under his bio it says "Lance, the current Yukon Quest champion says enjoys “anything others find strange.” I can definitely relate to that. Of course, it depends on who the "others" are but believe me, a lot of people from Richmond, VA thought I was "strange" to take this trip. They probably think it's even stranger that I've enjoyed it so much. But who can say.

Anyway, thanks again for the note and have a great day,

Jay