January 01, 2006

Happy New Year, 2006

January 1, 2006

It’s January 1 and normally we do something kind of exciting but today was unremarkable – but enjoyable. For New Year’s Eve we spent a thrilling evening watching the Dukes of Hazzard Reunion Special. If you missed it, you really, really missed something very… special. Anyway, we stayed in last night because we didn’t want to miss getting up early for our weekly Sunday Morning River Walk. And the only picture I took this entire day was on The Walk when I took this shot. It’s taken from a place on the riverbank in Pony Pasture I call “The Altar” and I have felt much more spiritually moved when I’m there than I have at many other more conventional altars in my life.

Pat and I also had a great ride today, nearly two and a half hours, then Larry and Jennifer and Inder and I went to see Walk the Line, which was fantastic. And the Redskins won and went 10-6 and clinched a wildcard spot! Nice improvement over last year’s 6-10 record. Welcome back, Joe Gibbs.

Happy New Year. I hope all of you have a fantastic 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen that view in too long
a time! What a sense of peace. Hope you have a fabulous trip; Jane, Chelsea and Keeva say
hello!