January 02, 2006

Hospital visit - blog test day 7

January 2, 2006

It’s the seventh day of a seven day trial period of blogging. And tomorrow, Tuesday, January 3 marks departure day minus 30 – tomorrow will be thirty days until departure.

Today Ivory and I went down to MCV to do Pet Therapy and I took this picture of him sitting outside before we went in. I took some more pictures a couple of hours later when we were finished but he was lying down in all of them!

An old friend of ours named Ty was up on the seventh floor playing a video game in the hall. Ty will be six years old in April and Ivory and I have known him for his whole life. He’s lived about 9/10 of his life at MCV and he’s an excellent person. He was dressed in full Spiderman regalia, including a Spiderman shirt complete with black plastic spiderwebs attaching his upper arms to his chest, like wings. He was sitting in the hall playing a Spiderman video game, pausing occasionally to give Ivory a treat. At one point after a particularly hair-raising feat of web-slinging, he looked up at me and said “I almost just got killed!” I said “Thank goodness you’re already in a hospital.” He didn’t even blink and said “I meant Spiderman almost just got killed.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog looks good. I will show it to the girls tonight. Keep up the daily posts.

Anonymous said...

How about showing us a map, or a text route of how you plan to get from Richmond up to the Yukon Quest?

Anonymous said...

Good stuff.