December 20, 2005

The NEW first post

Just FYI - I began this blog a couple of weeks ago under a different title. I decided to change the title before it got too big, so I just took everything off it (there were only four short posts) and put it over here. On to the second post.

=======================================

blogspotInit(); Get your wagon unstuck

Thursday, December 08, 2005

To the river...


We leave eight weeks from today for The Trip. Ivory and Nicky and I went down to the river early this morning for a walk and to test out some of our cold weather gear. And to see what it felt like to use my tiny little camera while I was wearing gloves!

This morning when I looked at the weather forecast for Richmond at 6:30 EST, the temperature was 24º F. I looked at the temperature for Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, our destination for the trip. They're on Pacific time, so it was 3:30 AM - and the temperature was 39º! So we're getting used to the cold while we're here. Although I know it's going to be a whole lot colder for a whole lot longer up there.

I'm including a picture of the dogs from this morning. They're handsome guys and incredibly well behaved - but they don't pose for pictures very well!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Info about the Yukon Quest

This is the home page for the Yukon Quest:
Yukon Quest

Experimenting

Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm learning to blog. I'm also working on my web site. And if you're wondering about "Get your wagon unstuck," it's from a little maxim I heard somewhere and try to live by - "God will help you get your wagon unstuck, but only if you push it."

I'm also going to get a picture of my dogs in here soon. Today.

Ivory, Nicky, Annie

November, 2005

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The first post

It's 1030 PM (2230) EST on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. And this is the first post of my blog as I prepare to depart with my dogs for Whitehorse, the capital of the Yukon Territory in northwest Canada on February 2, 2006. We're going to volunteer at the 2006 Yukon Quest 1,000-mile International Sled Dog Race. Anyway, I'll add more later. We're just getting started. Feel free to contact us any time. yukonmutts@comcast.net

I'll add more when I figure out what I'm doing with this thing. That is, with this blog.



No comments: