December 30, 2005

New Year's Eve Eve

December 30, 2005

I suppose there will be days like this on The Trip – maybe – days when not much is going on. It’s New Year’s Eve Eve, and the guy I work with on Friday mornings is out of town so all I’ve done is work around here. At least on the trip I'll be in a new place and seeing new things every day. But today has been a beautiful day, sunny and in the fifties and I’ve been productive. One of the things I’ve done is bring in the last of my woodpile – I’ll need to call my friend Boogie and ask him to bring me a new load. As of about fifteen minutes ago, there is no more firewood stacked behind my garage. But I’ve been having a lot of fires this year, and in early September, just about five months ago, my woodpile looked like this. And now there's not a stick.


No comments: