February 13, 2006

"Nevermore... "



That's the raven that's been pestering Nicky, or at least a raven that's been pestering Nicky - even their mothers have a hard time telling them apart. It may have croaked "nevermore" at some point but it probably croaked it in French and I didn't understand. I'm embarrassed to admit my language skills are quite limited. Spelling too.

We just got back from a long walk up the river, that is north - although that's downstream. It's the first time we've gone that far in that direction and we were rewarded with seeing our first chickadees since we've been in the Yukon. I always feel a little bit closer to home when I see chickadees. Once when I was younger I stood out on the front porch of our cabin in the snow in a warm coat and held out my hand (with a glove on) full of bird seed. After a very few minutes a chickadee landed in my hand and began eating bird seed while it stood in the palm of my hand. I've been interested in them ever since.

I'm also putting in a couple of images I took of the river yesterday or the day before. The one without the rainbow is just some ice on the river. That's almost right in downtown Whitehorse. The one with the rainbow was taken farther outside of town - I just liked the look of that rainbow. It was raining in the morning and snowing in the afternoon. But it's been pleasant all day today.

Anyway, time for something for supper. Have a great day,

Jay, Ivory and Nicky

No comments: