February 13, 2006

Weekday in Whitehorse...



As far as the pictures above are concerned, the top one is one Pat took just as we arrived at the hotel on Saturday. The second one is a picture of a magpie, in case you weren't aware. I'll try to get a better one before we leave. And a raven as well, although just picture a big crow with lots of personality. The third one is sheep we saw on the side of the road on the way up through British Columbia. Click on any of the pictures if you want to see a larger version.


February 13, 2006

It was nice to get up at 7:00 AM today and actually feel a little sense of purpose. Of course, at 7:00 AM up here it’s still pitch dark. So you take a shower, get dressed, take the dogs out, feed them, go get breakfast, it’s 8:30… still pitch dark! So I went over to the internet cafĂ© for a while and did this and that, then came back and it was starting to finally get light. So the dogs and I went for another great walk down the Millennium Trail to the fish ladder, then crossed the Centennial Bridge (footbridge) and came back up the other bank.

These crazy ravens just go after Nicky all the time and they completely ignore Ivory. Probably because Nicky responds more than Ivory. Today as we got back closer to town I was stopping to leash the dogs back up. I leashed Nicky up first and then I’m turning around and getting Ivory up to me and fiddling around with his collar some, holding Nicky’s leash in my other hand, paying attention to Ivory and not really watching Nicky. Suddenly he (Nicky) starts barking and going crazy and pulling on his leash and this raven is hovering right over him – right while I’m holding his leash! Those birds are never boring.

Anyway, more later. Have a great day,

Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't take much more of that car ride. Glad to see you out and about.