February 26, 2006

Coming to you from Toad River Lodge…


February 26, 2006

Toad River, British Columbia. Seriously. Pulled in here around 8:00 PM Pacific time after leaving Whitehorse around 10:00 AM. Mileage when we left Whitehorse was 117,185 and it was around 483 to get here. Not sure what tomorrow’s goal is – perhaps Prince George, BC. This connection says 100 Mbps; I’m skeptical.

So, quick post with quick picture. It’s way too dark here right now to get a picture outside and besides, it’s -7º F and not getting warmer. I’m plugging my car in tonight for the first time! These buffalo… or bison, or whatever – were standing in the road in two different places on the trip down here and believe me, you go around corners very gingerly. The camera’s “auto-fix” brightened up the image a lot too – it was really dark and at first you just saw lots of eyes glowing in the headlights.

Don’t know where or when my next post will be from. And I’ve got a lot of cool images left from Whitehorse; I’ll put them up when I have a faster connection. Anyway, until then,

Jay, Ivory and Nicky

PS We're at: N 58º 50'49.9" x W125º 13' 55.0", elevation 2,312'.

No comments: