February 20, 2006

Got to see a team in daylight!











This team came in around 10:15 AM local time; my car thermometer still says 1º F (around -17º C). This is Gerry Willomitzer. His dogs looked great and looked like they were having fun. I think it's a little bit disorienting for them to come off the trail and in here with all these people and cars and buildings. If I were them I think I'd like to be back out on the trail - nice and quiet and relaxing. Who can say. I've been meeting tons of nice people. I think we're heading back to Whitehorse soon. Anyway, more soon,

Jay, Ivory and Nicky

PS One picture is his two leaders, or at least the leaders he was using coming into Pelly. The other picture is his dogs over by the holding area. Last night, Lance Mackey only stayed here long enough to scarf down some food and snack his dogs. William Kleedehn and Hans Gatt stayed for six hours or so. I'm not sure how long Gerry Willomitze will stay.

No comments: